Monday, February 7, 2011

It's one of those days...


It's one of those days where I wish I was at home with my guitar in one hand and a glass of wine in the other. Today is one of those days, I just want to think through everything and at the same time feel through everything else. I want to answer questions that my busy life leaves no time for...
Am I happy?
What does this next chapter look like?
Am I being challenged to the core?
Am I pious? What am I today...and who does that look like?

It's one of those days I wish I was having coffee with Socrates....so I can gain his wisdom through my questions.
It's one of those days I wish I was a real musician, so I can write my emotions through song.
It's one of those days I want to figure everything out and discuss it with a good friend....ponder it with a godly teacher...and sing it with the man with the musical soul.

It's one of those days my spirit constantly craves...it's that day that reminds me I'm alive...and searching for something more.

But unfortunately as little as days like this, visit me...I can't sit with the man with a musical soul...or a good friend...or even a godly teacher...not today (at least). But hopefully the next time this wonderful day visits me...it's gonna be the day that I will be able to fully experience it.

No comments: