Monday, November 10, 2008

I think I was wrong about mistakes...

So today is one of those days where God is speaking constantly..not a moment has passed..not a breathe taken..not a thought has crossed where God has not spoken today.So I am sorry that I am all over the place. Forgive me :)

Fear is the cornerstone of my strength.
I choose stillness because I fear moving in the wrong direction.
I choose happiness because I fear not being able to handle loneliness.
I choose to be the bigger person in situations because I fear others feeling hurt.
I choose to love only when I'm loved back because I fear pain.

I feel empowered when I don't make mistakes...when I don't give myself the chance to fail I feel strong. Because I rather not choose at all then to miss the "right".
As much as I preach about risks my life is safe.
When it comes to love..I am safe. Even though this is the one thing I have convinced myself that I fight for.

This is the deal. My love has nothing to do with someone else's reaction.
If God were to say I will only love you, when you love me back..then everything I believe in as a Christ-follower is a lie.
God gave his life for all. Whether they loved him or not. Whether they respected him or not. Whether he was there #1 in their life..or not.

So who are we to say that the moment we feel rejected or are fearful of someones love..we throw that love out the window. Like it was nonexistent.

This love that I am talking about is the love you give..
your family
your enemy
your co-worker
your partner

Because if we are honest with ourselves its not just our lovers that can hurt us..its the world.
And when things aren't going our way, we back off...
where did that love go? Can we only truly love those who love us back..I hope not because that's a lonely life, that I'm not willing to explore.
And we..we are called to greatness. We are called to unconditionally love others with everything in our being.

Friends...I will love you when you hate me. I will love you if you reject me. I will love you always.
If you wrong me I will give you my other check and forgive.
And if you need it I will give you my life.

Love is the greatest risk of all time..you can loose your heart, your life, and yourself.
But with great risk comes great rewards and great joy.

So today my dear friends
Choose Love

No comments: